Suge knight feared for his life prior to hit-and-run, according to lawyer
Since his arrest and subsequent murder charge for his alleged role in a hit-and-run in late January, Marion “Suge” Knight has been in an unenviable position. But his lawyer says that only part of the story has been publicized so far — and there’s video evidence that will help exonerate Suge.
“In my estimate, what some of the video shows is that Mr. Knight was called there as part of an ambush to kill him, and what he did in driving out in the manner and way in which he did was to avoid being killed,” lawyer David Kenner told the New York Daily News.
“We know there were guns there,” he continued. “A person, after viewing all of the material, would agree that it supports an armed ambush that Mr. Knight found himself in, and he left the only way he could without being killed.”
However, Michael R. Shapiro, the lawyer for Cle “Bone” Sloan, who is rumored to have pointed a gun at the Death Row Records founder during the incident, said no such exchange occurred.
“Having spoken to my client, there is no truth to the assertion that he had in his possession any firearm of any kind during the alleged incident,” he said.
Earlier this month, Suge pleaded not guilty to the charges of murder and attempted murder, and had a panic attack that resulted in his being rushed to the hospital that same day. In addition to those charges, prosecutors say that they might add more charges before long.
Knight is due back in court on March 20.