See every outfit worn in the ‘mockingjay — part 2’ trailer
The first trailer for “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2” has been out for about half a day, which means you’ve probably watched it on loop 13 times already — yay, district numerology! – and dissected it, second for second, for every shred of significance.
Hey, Beetee would be proud of your attention to detail, and besides, we know this game. We PLAY this game.
And in keeping with the spirit of over-analytic nerdiness for all-things-Panem, we combed through the teaser to pluck out a pictorial review of each and every sartorial selection the
gamemakers filmmakers made for our final run on the Capitol.
1. First of all, President Coin wore her signature grey high-neck garb, of course.
2. And Cressida stuck to her snazzy black jacket routine, while her cameramen Castor and Pollux got all political-like in army green.
3. Meanwhile, Annie — a.k.a. Mrs. Odair (!) — chose an earthy bonnet veil for her wedding day headwear.
4. And while everyone appeared to be hopping around in something black at the Finnick-Annie nuptials, Effie Trinket held true to her pink persuasion.
5. Even Katniss stood firm in her come-at-me-Snow black battle suit, but Effie was so priss in her white, multi-layered futuristic flapper frock.
6. Oh, just casual Katniss in a white button-up.
7. Boggs in his brute suit.
8. And Katniss and Gale were total twinzies!
9. There were, like, a zillion different costumes all in this one rebellion crowd shot.
10. And this knit sweater totally looks like something we might have tucked away in our vintage winter stash. Win!
11. Plus, here’s Plutarch in a plain button-up. Same.
12. Then we have Snow and Co. looking snazzy AF in their cushy Capitol couture.
13. This giant Capitol crowd march held many different designs.
14. And we noticed the Peacekeepers hadn’t changed much.
15. Prim and Katniss suited up with sister solidarity for their little dance.
16. And hayyy Brienne of Tarth — we mean, Commander Lyme.
17. There were gobs of tiny garbs in this frame.
18. … Including these stylish gents who may or may not be dressed as holdovers from the mines at District 12.
19. And don’t freak out, but Peeta might be wearing a hoodie here.
20. Matchy matchy mockingjay minions.
21. And we LOVEEEEED Katniss’ incognito cape drape. LOVE.
22. Here’s Gale in …. that.
23. While we can blast everything else about Prezzy Snow, we cannot hate on his clothes. Because the man is on. fleek.