No results found
Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth have officially called off their engagement.
On Monday (September 16), reps for the couple have confirmed the news to People. As of press time, reps did not return MTV News’ call for comment.
Over the weekend, Cyrus made news when she reportedly stopped following the “Hunger Games” actor on Twitter while he was in Las Vegas attending the Mayweather vs. Alvarez fight.
Cyrus and Hemsworth first met on the set of “The Last Song” in 2009, where they kicked off their four-year relationship. The couple experienced a few break-ups and make-ups before announcing their engagement last June. After they confirmed plans to walk down the aisle last year, they continued to dodge relationship rumors.
Back in April, Miley explained to Elle why she wanted to commit to the Australian actor. “We have a house together and dogs. It just seems right to be wearing this ring and to be committed,” she said in the June issue. “But, we keep our relationship low-key and don’t talk about it anymore.” Despite the reported ups and downs, they were photographed together last month at the premiere of Hemsworth’s movie “Paranoia.”
Reps did not provide any further information regarding the engagement, but the confirmation comes the same day that an interview with Cyrus was published in Harper’s Bazaar, where she not only opened up about her new image but also her wedding plans. She said, “I definitely don’t have time to deal with a wedding right now. But I will at some point.”
Cyrus has a busy month ahead of her as she preps the October 8 release of her album, Bangerz, as well several high-profile TV appearances, including the October 2 premiere of her MTV documentary “Miley: The Movement,” as well as her October 5 gig on “Saturday Night Live,” where she will host and perform.
#breakup#Liam Hemsworth#Miley Cyrus